[Linux-cluster] cluster without fencing device

Thomas Sjolshagen thomas at sjolshagen.net
Wed Dec 1 14:27:46 UTC 2010

On Wed, 1 Dec 2010 19:47:13 +0530, Mohamed Arif Khan  wrote:

Thanks for reply

Can we configure cluster without shared storage,
means can we make replicated database on individual nodes ?

Absolutely, but why would you even need to use the cluster stack if
your only purpose is to have a group (cluster) of DB servers that
replicate between them? If you've got DB replication configured and
using a DB proxy, you'll get the same result with (much) less overhead -
imho - in terms of system management overhead, etc.

// Thomas