[Linux-cluster] Difference between -d and -s options of clusvcadm

Jankowski, Chris Chris.Jankowski at hp.com
Mon Dec 6 01:23:42 UTC 2010

Hi,

What is the difference between -d and -s options of clusvcadm?  When would I prefer using one over the other?

The manual page for clusvcadm(8) says:

-d  <service>       Stops and disables the user service named <service>
-s  <service>        Stops the service named <service> until a member transition or until it is enabled again.

I also read the manual page for rgmanager(8), but the usefulness of the distinction between stopped and disabled states escapes me.

Thanks and regards,

Chris