[Linux-cluster] rgmanager gets stuck on shutdown, if no services are running on its node.

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Wed Dec 8 19:46:09 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 03:11 +0000, Jankowski, Chris wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I configured a cluster of 2 RHEL6 nodes.
> The cluster has only one HA service defined.
>
> I have a problem with rgmanager getting stuck on shutdown when certain
> set of conditions are met.  The details follow.
>
> 1.
> If I execute “shutdown –h now” on the node that is *not* running the
> HA service then the shutdown process gets stuck with the last message
> in the /var/log/messages being:

Is this reproducible outside of 'shutdown -h now', ex: does 'service
rgmanager stop' work in your configuration?

If you can still reach the machine (ssh or whatever) after executing
'shutdown -h now':

1) Install 'rgmanager-debuginfo' and gdb.

2) When rgmanager hangs on shutdown, run:

  - gdb /usr/sbin/rgmanager `pidof -s rgmanager`

3) When inside gdb, run:

  - thr a a bt

There's a related bug in RHEL5 related to releasing the lockspace if
CMAN exits before rgmanager, but I was unable to reproduce it on the
STABLE3/31 branches when I tested.

-- Lon