[Linux-cluster] To SELinux or not to SELinux ?

Don Hoover dxh at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 19:27:49 UTC 2010

I have been working with RHEL6 and SElinux in targeted and enforcing mode works really well with everything I have tried it with including cluster and KVM.

They have done a much better job with having policies that just work with most all of the software that comes on the distro.  And the new 'managing secure services' manual on docs.redhat has lots of examples on what you need to do when you step outside of the defaults like how to add non-default directories(eg outside of var/www) for apache, mysql, KVM etc.

I am shooting for rhel6 to be our first build that has SElinux on by default.

For the first time I think SElinux might be low enough a hassle that it can be left on.

Sent from my iPhone