[Linux-cluster] question about network config for fencing

Ben Turner bturner at redhat.com
Tue Dec 21 21:35:02 UTC 2010

Some notes on management board style fence devices can be found here:

http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/IPMI_FencingConfig

Here is a DOC with an example iLO config:

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Configuration_Example_-_Fence_Devices/index.html

It is also recommended that you have your fence devices on the same network as your cluster heartbeat.  I have heard an explanation on this at some point as to why this is but I can't remember 100%.  I'm sure that you could find it if you dug around on past posts to this list though.  Hopes this helps.

-b