[Linux-cluster] New cluster : installing...

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Wed Dec 22 21:30:51 UTC 2010

On 12/22/2010 11:38 AM, Nicolas Ross wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Over the last couple of weeks, I've been playing with the cluster suite
> and RHEL 6 beta 2, that was availaible.
>
> Now, I got a 30 day demo of RHEL 6 to begin the re-installation from
> scratch for ou soon to be production cluster. With the beta, I had a
> deamon running, that was clvmd for the cluster logical volume manager
> daemon. This package doesn't seem to exist anymore.
>
> The package lvm2-cluster is on the installation DVD, but I can't seem to
> install it via yum.

Mount your DVD and you should be able to install from it by specifying
the full path to the RPM file:

	# yum install /media/cdrom-mount-point/path/to/file.rpm
	# rpm -ivh /media/cdrom-mount-point/path/to/file.rpm

Double clicking on the RPM in the desktop file manager should also offer
you the ability to install it.

>                    I did enabled the High Availability channel to our
> servers, but it's not in there. I can't seem to find in wich software
> channel it's located.
>
> Can anyone tell me ?

- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer, C2 Hosting          ricks at nerd.com -
-                      LOOK OUT!!! BEHIND YOU!!!                     -