[Linux-cluster] IP Resource behavior with Red Hat Cluster

Parvez Shaikh parvez.h.shaikh at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 08:41:53 UTC 2010

Hi Rajagopal,

Thank you for your response

I have created a cluster configuration by adding IP resource with
value 192.168.25.153 (some value) and created a service which just has
IP resource part of it. I have set all requisite configuration such
two node, node names, failover,fencing etc.

Upon trying to start then service(enable service),it failed -

clurgmgrd: [31853]: <debug> 192.168.25.135 is not configured

Then manually added this IP to host

ifconfig eth0:1 192.168.25.135

Then service could start but it gave message -

clurgmgrd: [31853]: <debug> 192.168.25.135 already configured

So do I have to add virtual interface manually (as above or any other
method?) before I could start service with IP resource under it?

Thanks
Parvez