[Linux-cluster] Multiple communication channels

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Wed Dec 29 19:33:45 UTC 2010

From: http://wiki.alteeve.com/index.php/Openais.conf

------------------------------------
	### Below here are the 'interface' directive(s).

	# At least one 'interface' directive is required within the 'totem'
	# directive. When two are specified, the one with 'ringnumber' of '0'
	# is the primary ring and the second with 'ringnumber' of '1' is the
	# backup ring.
	interface {
		# Increment the ring number for each 'interface' directive.
		ringnumber:  0

		# This must match the subnet of this interface. The final octal
		# must be '0'. In this case, this directive will bind to the
		# interface on the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet, so this should be set
		# to '192.168.1.0'. This can be an IPv6 address, however, you
		# will be required to set the 'nodeid' in the 'totem' directive
		# above. Further, there will be no automatic interface
		# selection within a specified subnet as there is with IPv4.
		# In this case, the primary ring will be on the interface with
		# IPs on the 10.0.0.0/24 network (ie: eth1).
		bindnetaddr: 10.0.0.0

		# This is the multicast address used by OpenAIS. Avoid the
		# '224.0.0.0/8' range as that is used for configuration. If you
		# use an IPv6 address, be sure to specify a 'nodeid' in the
		# 'totem' directive above.
		mcastaddr:   226.94.1.1

		# This is the UDP port used with the multicast address above.
		mcastport:   5405
	}

	# This is a second optional, redundant interface directive. If you use
	# two 'interface' directives, be sure to review the four 'rrp_*'
	# variables.
	# Note that two is the maximum number of interface directives.
	interface {
		# Increment the ring number for each 'interface' directive.
		ringnumber:  1
		# In this case, the backup ring will be on the interface with
		# IPs on the 192.168.1.0/24 network (ie: eth0).
		bindnetaddr: 192.168.1.0
		# MADI: Does this have to be different? How much different?
		#       Can I just use a different port?
		mcastaddr:   227.94.1.1
		# MADI: If this is different, can 'mcastaddr' be the same?
		mcastport:   5406
	}

Hope this helps. :)

--