[Linux-cluster] [clvm] Volume group for uuid not found

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Mon Feb 1 22:31:38 UTC 2010

Abraham Alawi wrote:
> On 2/02/2010, at 5:21 AM, Gordan Bobic wrote:
>
>> AlannY wrote:
>>> So, should I use DRBD with clvm for data mirroring on both nodes?
>> You could, indeed, use DRBD. Or you could cross-export the block devices with iSCSI (or ATAoE) and have them connected to all the nodes that way. I guess it depends on whether you prefer to use DRBD or CLVM. My preference is for DRBD, but don't let that bias your decision. :)
>>
>> Gordan
>>

> I reckon GNBD will be a better solution in your case, DRBD is more
> suitable for non-cluster file systems (e.g. ext3, xfs .. ) in case
> of active-passive

DRBD is specifically designed to also work in active-active mode. I've
been running shared root GFS clusters on DRBD for years. DRBD is
singularly _THE_ best solution for network RAID1, _especially_ in
active-active mode with a clustered file system on top. It also handles
resyncing after outages much more gracefully and transparently than
other similar solutions.

Gordan