[Linux-cluster] GFS2 and lvm

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Mon Feb 15 20:42:06 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 01:20:35PM -0500, Mario Salcedo wrote:

> Hi, I am configuring  a Red hat cluster. In the guide say: "A GFS2
> file system must be created on an LVM logical volume that is a linear
> or mirrored volume". Is that true.
>
> I create GFS2 without LVM. I think all ok.

Not really...

How do you ensure then that the device paths of the GFS filesystems
are the same on all nodes (as is required by the shared cluster.conf)?

A shared disk may appear as /dev/sda in one node, but as /dev/sdb on
another node, for example, dependent on hardware or configuration
details.

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>