[Linux-cluster] GFS2 and lvm

Paul Morgan jumanjiman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 02:40:02 UTC 2010

if you're not using LVM but ARE using multipath then you should set up
user-friendly name or use a path from /dev/disk/by-*

-paul

On Feb 15, 2010 4:41 PM, "Scooter Morris" <scooter at cgl.ucsf.edu> wrote:

On 02/15/2010 12:42 PM, Jos Vos wrote:

> > On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 01:20:35PM -0500, Mario Salcedo wrote:
> >

> >> Hi, I am configuring...
> Not really...
>
> How do you ensure then that the device paths of the GFS filesystems
> are the same on all nodes (as is required by the shared cluster.conf)?
>
> A shared disk may appear as /dev/sda in one node, but as /dev/sdb on
> another node, for example, dependent on hardware or configuration
> details.

Actually, this is not really true.  We have many GFS2 filesystems on a three
node cluster and we don't use LVM.  It really depends on how you are
mounting the filesystems.  You really need to mount them by LABEL, so the
underlying disk identifiers becomes irrelevant.

-- scooter