[Linux-cluster] Looking for guidance

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Mon Feb 22 15:26:34 UTC 2010

>For a simple HA with active/passive i would do it with just a cron script to
>check `drbdadm role <res>` and bring up the IP and services on the Primary if
>the other node is Secondary or Unknown (if not yet). I would still use some
>kind of fencing in DRBD's outdate-peer handler (at least set down the port(s)
>on the remote switch via SNMP) to avoid data corruption. Later when admin is
>about to rejoin the node (s)he should set the port back up after outdating the
>failed node's DRBD

Thanks for the thought. I like the fencing idea and no matter what choice I use
I am pretty sure that's the route I will go. I do however want at least one failover
possible, as I will likely be able to resolve the issue immediately after the first
and if one node goes down, allowing it failover back and forth isn't logical.

I'll keep this in mind while I read away.

Thanks,
jlc