[Linux-cluster] Looking for guidance

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Mon Feb 22 15:35:49 UTC 2010

>psst.. wanna try this?
>
>sources.redhat.com/cluster/doc/nfscookbook.pdf
>
>and oh, DRBD in primary/primary mode works if you don't have (budget
>for) external shared storage.

Hi,
I did find that doc while looking and gave it a read. Not knowing
anything about how the suite operates, how does it mitigate the
handling of stale filehandles in nfs? It doesn't mention anything about
moving the nfs dirs into the shared storage?

Seems so far from my weak grasp of what goes on that http://www.linux-ha.org/HaNFS
covers the issue of failing over nfs. I haven't been able to find any
docs that state how the rhel cluster suite handles this in a scenario
like mine where I have a 2 node active/passive setup with one cluster ip
for nfs that moves between them.

Thanks!
jlc

Ps. No shared storage, sorry:)