[Linux-cluster] Looking for guidance

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Mon Feb 22 20:28:01 UTC 2010

>I don;t think anyone on the project recommends Heartbeat v1 anymore.
>At least use the crm/pacemaker extensions (http://clusterlabs.org) if
>you're thinking about using Heartbeat in any way.

Hi,
That's a coincidence, I am just part way through your Fedora 11 doc using
a couple of CentOS boxes. I stumbled on a few things but got them resolved:

I see the conf file has changed,
/etc/ais/openais.conf -> /etc/corosync/corosync.conf

The init scripts need the export value changed for COROSYNC_DEFAULT_CONFIG_IFACE

And it looks like the crm syntax might have changed a bit, I used
crm configure location prefer-dev WebSite rule role=master 50: \#uname eq node-name
instead of the shorter line you had.

Lastly, the clusterlabs drbd rpm is a virtual package which yanks in xen?
I just used the CentOS 8.3 packages.

I am almost through it and intended on using ext3 instead of the clusterfs as
only one node will ever be active, and I need to export this data via rsyncd
and nfs. I am sure the rsyncd implementation will be trivial, but I am concerned
about nfs. So far, the most complete coverage of this I have found is
http://www.linux-ha.org/HaNFS . Is that a safe addition to the doc you wrote?

Thanks very much for the effort on the doc, it certainly eased me into the field.

jlc