[Linux-cluster] Distributed Storage in Cluster Suite

Rajagopal Swaminathan raju.rajsand at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 04:35:47 UTC 2010

Greetings,

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 4:49 AM, yvette hirth <yvette at dbtgroup.com> wrote:
> we are trying to do an HA config for now, because our workstations do not
> have any fencing gear, and while i'm sold on HP's ILO(2), more boxes are
> out-of-budget at this time.

It is a very bad idea to run a cluster without fencing. I have faced
hard-acid-rock -- from PHBs (read MBAs) who did not approve the
expense -- due to that.

Have you checked out power fencing -- Like APC devices? They aren't
expensive so to speak. I am in India so have no idea about what that
will cost in your part of the world

HTH

Regards,

Rajagopal