[Linux-cluster] Service not migrating

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Fri Feb 26 23:12:59 UTC 2010

>Is the node successfully fenced? The service will not migrate before that and
>if you don't have proper fencing that could be the reason

Yes, this confirms what I thought. I did see that fencing was awry and I am working
on that now. Ultimately I wanted to use fence_ifmib in production and fence_vmware_ng
for my tests but it's not working with my esxi 4 hosts. Its reported to work, so I don't
know what's wrong. It can get status, the "off" command goes unacknowledged. I have a
low priv user on the box setup that can ssh in and run `vim-cmd`, is there an ssh fence
script or any workarounds you might know of?

Anyways, thanks for confirming the above!
jlc