[Linux-cluster] GFS and performace

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Wed Jan 6 23:55:40 UTC 2010

Virtual machines use memory copies between the physical device and the
guest OS.  Clearly this is an area where more work is being done in the
virtualization community but is outside the scope of the typical
filesystem gfs or otherwise.  You might ask about io performance tuning
on the respective virtualization technology mailing list you use.

Regards
-steve