[Linux-cluster] cannot add 3rd node to running cluster

Terry td3201 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 14:45:29 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Abraham Alawi <a.alawi at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

> On 1/01/2010, at 5:13 AM, Terry wrote:

>>> Thank you for the response.  /var/log/messages doesn't have any
>>> errors.  It says cman started then says can't connect to cluster
>>> infrastructure after a few seconds.  My cluster does not have the
>>> two_node=1 config now.  Conga took that out for me.  That bit me last
>>> night because I needed to put that back in.
>>>

>> CMAN still will not start and gives no debug information.  Anyone know
>> why cman_tool -d join would not print any output at all?
>> Troubleshooting this is kind of a nightmare.  I verified that two_node
>> is not in play.
>>
>> --
>

> Try this line in your cluster.conf file:
> <logging debug="on" logfile="/var/log/rhcs.log" to_file="yes"/>
>
> Also, if you are sure your cluster.conf is correct then copy it manually to all the nodes and add clean_start="1" to the fence_daemon line in cluster.conf and run 'service cman start' simultaneously on all the nodes (probably a good idea to do that from runlevel 1 but make sure you have the network up first)
>
> Cheers,
>
>  -- Abraham
>
> ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
> Abraham Alawi
>
> Unix/Linux Systems Administrator
> Science IT
> University of Auckland
> e: a.alawi at auckland.ac.nz
> p: +64-9-373 7599, ext#: 87572
>
> ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I am still battling this.  I stopped the cluster completely, modified
the config and then started it, but that didn't work either.  Same
issue.  I noticed clurgmgrd wasn't staying running so I then tried
this:

[root at omadvnfs01c ~]# clurgmgrd -d -f
[7014] notice: Waiting for CMAN to start

Then in another window I issued:
[root at omadvnfs01c ~]# cman_tool join

Then back in the other window below "[7014] notice: Waiting for CMAN
to start", I got:
failed acquiring lockspace: Transport endpoint is not connected
Locks not working!

Anyone know what could be going on?