[Linux-cluster] cannot add 3rd node to running cluster

King, Adam adam.king at intechnology.com
Fri Jan 22 15:44:10 UTC 2010

This is the way I would do it:
Have it as a 2 node cluster in your cluster.conf
/etc/init.d/cman stop
/etc/init.d/modclusterd stop (not sure if this is necessary or not)
On both nodes.
Edit your cluster.conf on the first node to include the third node
Delete the two_node=1 line
Scp the cluster.conf file from your first node to the second and third to cut out the risk of any editing mistakes.
Make sure chkconfig has the relevant daemons starting at boot time on all 3 nodes
Reboot all 3 servers using /sbin/reboot -f

Adam King
Systems Administrator
adam.king at intechnology.com

InTechnology plc