[Linux-cluster] Assign cluster IP address to an interface without IP

carlopmart carlopmart at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 11:59:23 UTC 2010

Hi all,

  Is it possible to assign a cluster IP address to an interface without IP? I have a
two-node cluster with three interfaces each one:

  - eth0: management interface
  - eth1: multicast, cluster operational interface
  - eth2: service interface

  Eth0 and eth1 have an ip address but eth2 don't on both hosts. I need to assign
several cluster ip address to eth2 on both hosts, but these ip groups are on
different network segment than eth0 has. Can I do this??

  Many thanks.

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com