[Linux-cluster] DRBD with GFS applicable for this scenario?

Zaeem Arshad zaeem.arshad at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 12:36:48 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 4:06 PM, Kaloyan Kovachev <kkovachev at varna.net> wrote:

> If you use DRBD on top of the SANs you should access the drbd resource from
> the other nodes. I have similar setup: DAS in two servers replicated via DRBD
> in active/active mode, then they are exported via iscsi and used from the
> nodes (and the storages are nodes too) with multipath multibus.
>
> In your case the fencing is the main problem ... instead of SMS you may use
> the mobiles as GPRS modems directly to the remote fence device

I have worked out heuristic checks and the associated scored for
quorum disk to be put in. I have tried to work out on paper the
different scenarios that will play out and how the cluster membership
should work based on the eventual score. I think I can do away with
the GPRS modems for now but I will definitely integrate them in the
solution at a later stage.

Regards

--
Zaeem