[Linux-cluster] heartbeat

linux-crazy hicheerup at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 19:32:57 UTC 2010

Hi,

Check this out

http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/FAQ/CMAN

 I don't think it necessary to go for any separate NIC For cluster
hearbeat , if you are running system with multiple NIC then go with
ether net channel Bonding with active passive mode instead of round
robin , because  with round-robin mode i faced some packet loss that
may cause cluster to miss some heartbeat messages.

 Note:  I  done an tons of two node RHEL5 Cluster implementation , all
works like an charm without any seperate heart beat and more over all
are running Oracle DB  with more that 3 lakhs transction per day.

  If  you have any more doubt please revert me back