[Linux-cluster] corosync issue with two interface directives

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Mon Jul 12 04:57:15 UTC 2010

Hi all,

   I've got two 'interface {}' directives in corosync. When I pull the
cable from the interface on ring 1, nothing happens (no log entries,
zilch). When I put it back and the pull the cable on ring 0, it fails
completely and fences. Is there something I am missing?

Here is the corosync.conf file I am using:

compatibility: whitetank

# Totem Protocol options.
totem {
	version: 2
	secauth: off
	threads: 0
	rrp_mode: passive
	interface {
		# This is the back-channel subnet, which is the primary
		# network for the totem protocol.
		ringnumber: 0
		bindnetaddr: 10.0.1.0
		mcastaddr: 226.94.1.1
		mcastport: 5405
	}
	interface {
		# This is the storage network, which acts as a
		# secondary, backup network for the totem protocol.
		ringnumber: 1
		bindnetaddr: 10.0.0.0
		mcastaddr: 227.94.1.1
		mcastport: 5406