[Linux-cluster] The purpose of /usr/lib64/stonith/plugins/external

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Mon Jul 12 13:13:04 UTC 2010

On 10-07-12 04:47 AM, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 7:08 AM, Digimer<linux at alteeve.com>  wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>>   I've got a home-grown fence device I am trying to add support for Fedora 13
>> (specifically, corosync 1.2.3, cluster-glue 1.0.2 et. al.).
>>
>>   Under CentOS, I wrote an agent and placed it in /usr/sbin/ and that worked
>> fine.
>
> Thats fine then.  Pacemaker can use RHCS devices too.
>
>> Now though, there is the /usr/lib64/stonith/plugins/external/
>> directory which seems to also be used. I noticed this when I used 'stonith
>> -L'.
>
> This is for the old heartbeat-style fencing devices.  You can ignore it.

That's what I was starting to think, and ended up doing just that,
ignoring it.

If I may ask; The "Cluster from Scratch" manual for Fedora 11/12
suggests starting corosync directly. This kept failing because it didn't
find a configured stonith device. However, I went back and created a
cluster.conf and then started cman and everything was (largely) fine.

Is there a document or similar that more clearly defines what is the old
HA-Linux components versus the RHCS? Or further, what is the proper
method of building a cluster based on RHCS using corosync/pacemaker?

Thanks kindly!

--
Digimer
E-Mail:         linux at alteeve.com