[Linux-cluster] Fedora 13 Clustering

Marc - A. Dahlhaus mad at wol.de
Mon Jul 12 16:20:24 UTC 2010

Am Montag, den 12.07.2010, 15:06 +0100 schrieb Virginian:
> Hi Gordon,
>
> It looks to me like things have changed quite a bit in F13 compared to RHEL
> / Centos 5. I agree, cluster.conf  looks the same but there is a new
> component called Corosync and ccs seems to have gone.

Take a look here:

http://people.redhat.com/ccaulfie/docs/Whither%20cman.pdf

>From RHEL5 to RHEL6 you change from cluster 2.X to cluster 3.X

Documentation can be found here:

http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/

> Traditionally I have used Conga to configure the Cluster (although not
> without problems at times it has to be said). However, in F13 there is no
> "luci_admin" utility to set the password and Luci isn't accessible from a
> web browser. I don't mind configuring things by hand if that's the only way
> to do it, I was just looking to be pointed in the right direction really. I
> have received some help offline from a member of this list which has proved
> invaluable. I have now managed to get a basic cluster up and running on F13.
> Our fellow list member is working on a document which I think will be of
> enormous help to others when completed (in fact it is already a useful doc).

Docs on Conga (Luci and Ricci) are here:

http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/conga/

I don't know if this is newer because i made a large way around even
trying to use conga after i spotted that it utilizes turbogears (which
has a huge dependency tree just to get anything out of it).

> The old docs specified which ports / protocols needed to be opened up in
> iptables but as I haven't sussed out what's needed under F13 I am running
> with iptables stopped for now. If anybody has this information I would be
> very grateful to receive it.

The FAQs on http://corosync.org/ and http://openais.org/ could help
here. Unfortunately the FAQ entry about firewalls has no content.

Bug?!

A "netstat -tulpen" on a root shell should show the ports that corosync
and openais listening on. They use a single multicast port if i'm not
mistaken.

> Thanks & regards
>
> John

Marc