[Linux-cluster] corosync issue with two interface directives

Dan Frincu dfrincu at streamwide.ro
Tue Jul 13 14:35:34 UTC 2010

Tim Serong wrote:
> On 7/13/2010 at 03:00 PM, Digimer <linux at alteeve.com> wrote:
>
>> On 10-07-13 12:33 AM, Dan Frincu wrote:
>>
>>> It seems that the issue could also be caused because Corosync looks at
>>> the classfull network masks of a bindnetaddr directive, in this case,
>>> even if you have addresses with /24 netmask, Corosync thinks they're /8.
>>> Try changing to a private class C addressing scheme, which also uses /24.
>>>
>>> Read more here http://www.corosync.org/doku.php?id=faq:configure_openais
>>>
>>> Regards.
>>>

>> That's an interesting assumption. Is there no way to specify the
>> netmask? If not, I'll try that change.
>>

> Corosync looks at the netmask of the *interface* matching the bindnetaddr,
> so if you've configured eth0 as (for example) 10.1.2.3/24, the appropriate
> bindnetaddr is 10.1.2.0.  If you'd configured eth0 as a /8, the bindnetaddr
> would need to be 10.0.0.0, and so forth.
>
> Hope that helps to make everything even more confusing :)

Indeed. Just to keep the confusion level high, what happens if you have
a bindnetaddr that matches 2 or more interfaces, for whatever reason?
Which interface does it bind to, or does it bind to any interface? If
you place 10.1.2.3/32, would the matching bindnetaddr be 10.1.2.3? Or
does it have to end in 0 (mandatory) as specified in the docs?

Regards,
Dan

--
Dan FRINCU