[Linux-cluster] Recommendation of SAN devices

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 19:40:34 UTC 2010

Hi,

Essentially, I want to build a cluster where multiple machines
(multi-core) access the same cluster file system (say using GFS). Each
machine might
concurrently access the same file system for write or read. The
processes running on these machines are I/O intensity. I think that if
each machine could use hundreds of MB/s I/O. I want the whole system
be scalable in the sense that
more machines can be added without making the I/O the bottleneck.

The SRX model in the following webpage is a choice. However, I'd like
to see all the possible choices from different vendors so that I can
make a more informative decision. Could you please share me some
insights that you have or point me to a mailing list where I might get
some answers?

http://www.coraid.com/products/index.html

--
Regards,