[Linux-cluster] check status time out

Georgi Stanojevski glisha at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 14:36:43 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 4:42 AM, Anas Alnajjar <anasnajj at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have Redhat cluster on Centos 5.4  and I make Script resource to handle my
> service “ /etc/init.d/xxxx “ but I need to modify check  status time out
> because my service take long time to return back its status so how i can do
> this

According to /usr/share/cluster/script.sh you can't set up timeout for
status check.

<!-- This is just a wrapper for LSB init scripts, so monitor
       and status can't have a timeout, nor do they do any extra
       work regardless of the depth -->

So I guess it waits indefinitely for the status script to return?

Are you sure you need to increase the timeout? Does rgmanager kill
your resource after a long time running or because it returns <>0?

I have just the opposite problem. If my status doesn't return in ex.
60s I need to restart the service, and according to the comments in
script.sh I can't do that?

--
Glisha