[Linux-cluster] only one service fails-over out of two depended services.

Georgi Stanojevski glisha at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 21:00:21 UTC 2010

>        <service autostart="1" exclusive="0" name="service1"
> recovery="relocate" priority="1">
>            <ip ref="10.1.1.1"/>
>            <lvm ref="lvm1"/>
>            <fs ref="fs1"/>
>        </service>
>        <service autostart="1" exclusive="0" name="service2"
> recovery="relocate" depend="service:service1" depend_mode="hard"
> priority="2">
>            <script ref="scriptsresource"/>
>        </service>

If I change the order of the services in cluster.conf I get "better" results.

I put the dependent service first (service2 before service1).

No at least  when the active node fails, the cluster tries to start
service2. Since it can't start without service1 (the startup script
returns -1) it puts it in failed state. Then it tries to start
service1, and after starting it successfully it starts service2.

--
Glisha