[Linux-cluster] Samba Statefull Failover

Jason Fitzpatrick jayfitzpatrick at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 11:43:36 UTC 2010

Hi all

Just wondering if it is possible to statefully migrate smb connections
between cluster nodes, I am running ctdb (Samba's Cluster software)
but all connections are dropped when the service is failed between
nodes

Setup is as follows

2 node cluster
DRBD backend shared storage in Master Master configuration
cman presenting GFS2 /Storage folder
Samba + Winbind + CTDB used to present /Storage/Test_Share via
\\clustername\test_share (both nodes are AD integrated)

Connections to replicated storage are working fine, AD accounts are
authenticated correcly and smbstatus shows that CTDB is load
ballancing the cluster address between nodes correctly,

When I run ctdb shutdown I expect existing connections to be migrated
to the other active node, but instead all connections are dropped (to
both nodes) and all active file transfers / locks being lost. I assume
that I need to have the lockdb on the shared storage but I do not have
a monkeys on how to do it,

logs / configs available on request

Thanks a mill

Jay

PS free beer for anyone who can sort this for me, I am at this 2 weeks
with heartbeat clusters and got nowhere!

--

"The only difference between saints and sinners is that every saint
has a past while every sinner has a future. "