[Linux-cluster] Samba Statefull Failover

jayfitzpatrick at gmail.com jayfitzpatrick at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 19:23:16 UTC 2010

Hi Abhijith,

The planned setup for us is to host Citrix / Windows users home directories
on the shared storage, contained within these directories is some Lotus
Notes config files (address book etc) and notes throws a canary whenever
there is a break in connection to these files and does not attempt a
re-connect, and as a result I was hoping to be able to fail over the file
locks. The directory as presented to the Citrix clients fails over
flawlessly, the OS reconnects to the new server and you would never have
known that the backend has moved, but Notes, errors all over the place,
clicking out of error messages (x12) very visible, very irritating, and
horrible in a demo of your new file server with your manager!

I also seem to be getting clients disconnecting from the node that I am not
stopping the service on, but this may just be me, I will re-test tomorrow.

thanks for the feedback

Jay