[Linux-cluster] gfs2 and SAN setup

Jeremiah D. Jester jjest at u.washington.edu
Mon Jun 28 22:20:26 UTC 2010

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. Our two servers are donuts (server1) and coffee (server2)  have been configured with CMAN but the outcome isn't quite what we expect. On donuts a 'clustat' gives us some errors.

[root at donuts ~]# clustat

Cluster Status for ngs @ Mon Jun 28 15:14:15 2010

Member Status: Quorate

Member Name                                                ID   Status

------ ----                                                ---- ------

donuts.microslu.washington.edu                                 2 Online, Local

Node1

                                                         1 Offline, Estranged

My cluster.conf file reads as following on this machine.

[root at donuts ~]# cat  /etc/cluster/cluster.conf

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<cluster alias="ngsCluster" config_version="7" name="ngs">

        <fence_daemon post_fail_delay="0" post_join_delay="3"/>

        <clusternodes>

                <clusternode name="coffee.microslu.washington.edu" nodeid="1" votes="1">

                        <fence/>

                </clusternode>

                <clusternode name="donuts.microslu.washington.edu" nodeid="2" votes="1">

                        <fence/>

                </clusternode>

        </clusternodes>

        <cman/>

        <fencedevices/>

        <rm>

                <failoverdomains/>

                <resources/>

        </rm>

</cluster>

However, when I try to do the same on coffee, I am unable to start cman. I've copied donuts cluster.conf file to  this machine but gets overwritten with a cluster.conf file that just has 'donuts' in it every time I try to restart CMAN.

[root at coffee cluster]# clustat

Could not connect to CMAN: Connection refused

[root at coffee cluster]# /etc/init.d/cman start

Starting cluster:

   Mounting configfs... done

   Starting ccsd... done

   Starting cman... failed

cman not started: Can't find local node name in cluster.conf /usr/sbin/cman_tool: aisexec daemon didn't start

                                                           [FAILED]

Thanks!

JJ