[Linux-cluster] fence_ifmib problem

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Tue Mar 2 16:15:51 UTC 2010

Hi,
I think I found where main problem is. You downloaded very new fencing
agent, but your system has OLD fencing.py library. This is main reason,
why it doesn't work. You must also download:
- lib/fencing.py.py
- lib/fencing_snmp.py.py

Both of this files must be renamed to contain only one .py (this means
lib/fencing.py and fencing_snmp.py). There is also need to replace some
of @XXX@  strings (like @SNMPBIN@).

Much faster choice is to download git, run autogen and make. Script will
build lib/*.py for you (correctly).

This all apply, if you really want newest coolest one from FA master GIT.

BUT you can also use cluster.git, with RHEL55 branch. Here, just go to
fence directory, type ./configure and in fence/agents/lib, type make +
make install, and you should be ready to go.

Last possibility (from my point the best one) is to wait for CentOS 5.5,
this will include new ifmib and correct python lib.

Regards,
  Honza