[Linux-cluster] Shared storage across clustered VMs?

Xavier Montagutelli xavier.montagutelli at unilim.fr
Wed Mar 3 07:28:21 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 02 March 2010 23:50:26 Jeff Karpinski wrote:
> I've got a 4 node cluster back-ended with iSCSI storage that's happily
> running 20 or so VMs. I now have a request to present some shared
> storage across several of the VMs and am wondering what's the best way
> to accomplish this. GFS2? Can VMs even communicate back with the cluster
> for lock_dlm to work?
>
> Interested in how others have skinned this cat...

I don't know if GFS2 is the best way to share data among your VMs.

But if you go for GFS2, I suppose the clusters should be different : one
cluster for the hosts, and one cluster for the VMs having a shared disk with
GFS2. They have different purposes, you should not mix them.

--
Xavier Montagutelli                      Tel : +33 (0)5 55 45 77 20
Service Commun Informatique              Fax : +33 (0)5 55 45 75 95