[Linux-cluster] GFS Tuning - it's just slow, to slow for production

Doug Tucker tuckerd at lyle.smu.edu
Thu Mar 4 15:13:52 UTC 2010

Steven,

We discovered the same issue the day we went into production with ours.
The tuning paramater that made it production ready for us was:

/sbin/gfs_tool settune /mnt/users statfs_fast 1

Why statfs_fast is not set to on by default is beyond my comprehension,
I don't think anyone could run production without it on.  Anyway, you
have to set that for every mount point on the cluster, and it has to be
set on all nodes.  We just created an init script that runs on startup
after all the cluster services are started.