[Linux-cluster] qdiskd questions

yvette hirth yvette at dbtgroup.com
Tue Mar 9 15:25:23 UTC 2010

Matt Dainty wrote:

> It's been up and running for ages with no trouble, but recently I
> had a problem where the default gateway, despite being an active/passive
> pair of Cisco ASA firewalls configured for failover, took at least 30
> seconds to fail over when the primary device developed a problem.

we used to have cisco pix firewalls config'ed for failover using the
cisco failover cable.  it was my understanding that using the failover
cable usually took about 30 sec. for the failover to happen.

we added ports to the firewalls and reconfig'ed the failover to use
standard gigE ports instead of the failover cable, and the failover then
took just a second or two to happen.

i do not know if this is applicable to the asa's, but it certainly made
quite a difference for the pix's.

yvette hirth