[Linux-cluster] Problem fencing new Blades with Red Hat Cluster Suite

Akhilesh Shastry akhilesh.shastry at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 12:36:25 UTC 2010

Hello,

There are two cluster one over two BL680 G5 and another one over two BL460
G6 having Red Hat Cluster Suite 5.4 ... Following problem is being noticed

- If we power off a cluster node by shutdown -r command the server stops and
then reconnect.--->Is this a normal behaviour
- If we power off a cluster node by press and hold the button.... some
minutes after the cluster momentary press by fence the node and then it
reconnects.------>Is this normal behaviour
- If we turn off the service network interfaces, the packages switches
correctly then the cluster fence the isolated node but with a momentary
press or power off options... so the node didn't starts until a manual power
on trough the OA interface.---->Is this a normal behavious

We have this iLO2 firmware version: 1.81   01/15/2010
And Red Hat in the fence_ilo scripts puts this:
## The Following Agent Has Been Tested On:
##
##  iLO Version
## +---------------------------------------------+
##  iLO  / firmware 1.91 / RIBCL 2.22
##  iLO2 / firmware 1.22 / RIBCL 2.22
##  iLO2 / firmware 1.50 / RIBCL 2.22

Another question: We have configured two virtual IP address: One for service
and another for Backup..... Service one must be critical so we monitor it,
but backup one not, so we use:
<ip address="10.17.130.140" monitor_link="1"/>
<ip address="10.18.10.74" monitor_link="0"/>
Well we noticed that if we made a ifdown ethX which is the one for the
Backup IP  10.18.10.74, the cluster package switch to the other cluster
node. But I put monitor_link=0
Did anybody found a similar problem?

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.