[Linux-cluster] Heartbeat and reboot issue

שלום קלמר sklemer at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 08:26:27 UTC 2010

Hi.

I never tried that but mybe this article can help you:

How do I create a clustered virtual service for my Xen guest using
system-config-cluster? Article ID: 5911 - Created on: Oct 28, 2007 7:00 PM -
Last Modified:  Oct 28, 2007 7:00 PM

The virtual service component of Red Hat Cluster Suite allows Xen guests to
be relocated or failed over among cluster members, providing high
availability of that guest. In order to use virtual services the cluster
must be running the Xen kernel and have shared storage, such as GFS on iSCSI
or SAN. This storage will be used to share the guest image(s) and
configuration files.

After storage has been set up and mounted on all nodes, the guest must be
created on one of the nodes using the normal methods such as virt-manager or
virt-install. See the following link for more information on setting up
virtualized guests:

www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/Virtualization-en-US/index.html

Once the guest has been created and is completely shutdown, its disk image
and configuration file need to be moved to the shared storage. By default,
configuration files are stored in /etc/xen/ and images are stored in
/var/lib/xen/images. Make sure to edit the configuration file to point to
the new path for the guest image.

Now, using system-config-cluster go to "Virtual Services" and click the
"Create a Virtual Service" button on the right side. In the dialog box, the
name of the Virtual Service should be the name of the guest that was
created. The path should point to the directory containing the guest
configuration file.

Next, click the "Send to Cluster" button to save and propagate the
configuration changes to the cluster members. The guest should start
automatically on one of the nodes in the failover domain

[root at cluster2-1 ~]# xm list

 Name ID Mem(MiB) VCPUs State Time(s)

 clustered_guest 5 511 1 -b---- 11.5

 Domain-0 0 1509 2 r----- 6077.3

It should only be running on one node at any given time.  Note that without
further configuration, guests will be restarted rather than live migrated
upon relocation.