[Linux-cluster] Storage Cluster Newbie Questions - any help with answers greatly appreciated!

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Mon Mar 15 08:41:58 UTC 2010

Hello,

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 22:28:20 -0700, Michael @ Professional Edge LLC wrote
> Kaloyan,
>
> I agree - disabling the qla2xxx driver (Qlogic HBA) from starting at
> boot would be the simple method of handling the issue.  Then I just put
> all the commands to load the driver, multipath, mdadm, etc... inside
> cluster scripts.
>
> Amusingly it seems I am missing something very basic - as I can't seem
> to figure out how to not load the qla2xxx driver.
>
> Do you happen to know the syntax to make the qla2xxx driver not load at
> boot automatically?
>
> I've been messing with /etc/modprobe.conf - and mkinird - but no
> combination has resulted in the - qla2xxx being properly disabled during
> boot - I did accomplish making one of my nodes unable to mount it's root
> partition - but I don't consider that success. :-)

Is 'blackist scsi_transport_fc' not enough? What other modules are loaded? If
you blacklist the one, that most others depend on they should not load.

> As for your 2nd idea; I have seen folks doing something similar in that
> mode; when the disks are local to the node.  But in my case - all nodes
> - can already see all LUNs - so I dont really have any need to do an
> iSCSI export - appreciate the thought though.

The idea was actually not to export them, but to run mdamd simultaneously on
both nodes. But the problem is when just one of the nodes looses its link, to
just one of the arrays