[Linux-cluster] Storage Cluster Newbie Questions - any helpwith answers greatly appreciated!

Andreas Pfaffeneder apfaffeneder at pfaffeneder.org
Mon Mar 15 14:52:59 UTC 2010

Hi Michael,

a way to prevent both system from thinking that they're responsible for the
FC-devices is to use LVM for building a host-based-mirror and  LVM-filter
and -tags:

- Set up your RHEL-Cluster
- Modify /etc/lvm/lvm.conf: volume_list =
["local-vg-if-used-to-store-/","@local_hostname-as-in-cluster.conf"] (all
systems of the cluster)
- rebuild initrd, reboot
--> LVM only accesses local LVs and LVs with the local hostname in the
lvm-tag
- create an mirrored lv with lvcreate --addtag or lvchange --addtag so the
lv will be active on one system

RH-Cluster supports floating LVs on its own, just add the LV + FS as
resource.

If you're not using a LUN for mirror-logging, your're moving the LVs from
one system to the other at the cost of one full rebuild of the host based
mirror.

Regards
Andreas