[Linux-cluster] Unable to start cman on FC12 VM's Cluster3

brem belguebli brem.belguebli at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 16:57:16 UTC 2010

Hi,

Indeed, I tried configuring fence devices but no success.

Iptables are disabled, and even multicast was replaced by broadcat in
the cluster.conf with no success.

I can ping the 255.255.255.255 from each cluster node, and I can see
the traffic originated from both nodes when tcpdump'ing on host
255.255.255.255.

Fabio when you say put a breakpoint after cman start, as there is no
cman process itself (just corosync -f) you man to break right after
corosync is launched ?

That is exactly what I tried to do, I can see corosync starting with
no problem, but right after cman_tool join times out connecting to the
corosync.

I'm sure there are no errors in the cluster.conf (quite simple setup),
expected_votes=2, two_nodes=1 so the cluster should be able to start
with only one node.

Did anyone try this on FC12 ?

2010/3/23 Fabio M. Di Nitto <fdinitto at redhat.com>:
> On 3/23/2010 2:54 PM, Digimer wrote:

>>> Try the following steps:
>>>
>>> 1) disable iptables
>>> 2) add<logging debug="on"/>  before<clusternodes>