[Linux-cluster] why does ip.sh launch rdisc ?

Martin Waite Martin.Waite at datacash.com
Tue Mar 30 04:11:51 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have noticed that rdisc - apparently a router discovery protocol daemon - has started running on nodes that take possession of a VIP using ip.sh.

I am not familiar with rdisc.   It is currently installed on all my RHEL hosts, but is not running.

Do I need to run rdisc ?

Also, the man page says that rdisc uses 224.0.0.1 as a multicast address.  So does my current cman configuration.  Should I configure cman to avoid this address ?

regards,
Martin