[Linux-cluster] Get qdisk to use /dev/mapper/mpathx devices instead of /dev/dm-x

Don Hoover dxh at yahoo.com
Wed May 5 18:03:21 UTC 2010

I have recently learned that its dangerous to use /dev/dm-x devices for LVM because they do not function correctly with multipath, and that you should always use the /dev/mapper/mpathx devices.  Something about the fact that udev actually destroys and recreates the dm devices when paths change.

But, qdisk seems to prefer using dm-x devices.  Is there a way to get it to prefer using /dev/mapper/mpathx devices if they are available?

I know you can spec the device instead of the label, but I would like to avoid that.