[Linux-cluster] cman not looking at all valid interfaces

Simmons, Dan A jds at techma.com
Fri May 7 00:07:03 UTC 2010

Hi,
cman appears to not scan for interfaces correctly on my RHEL 5.3 64bit cluster.  When I change /etc/hosts and /etc/cluster/cluster.conf to use names "mynode1" and "mynode2" cman boots up correctly and I get a good cluster.

If I change my configuration to use the interfaces named "mynode1-clu" and "mynode2-clu" which are defined in /etc/hosts I get an error:

Cman not started: Can't find local node name in cluster.conf /usr/sbin/cman_tool: aisexec daemon didn't start

However, if I do `hostname mynode1-clu` on the first node and `hostname mynode2-clu` on the second node and then restart cman I get a good cluster.  I think this proves that my -clu interfaces are valid and properly defined in /etc/cluster/cluster.conf.

This node was created from a disk clone of another cluster.  Are there any cluster files that would retain system name or interface information?  I have triple checked my /etc/hosts, /etc/sysconfig/network /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/*eth* , /etc/nsswitch.conf, /etc/cluster/cluster.conf and dns files.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

J.Dan Simmons