[Linux-cluster] Incomplete gfs2_fsck aborting without error

Jeff Sturm jeff.sturm at eprize.com
Thu May 27 03:18:24 UTC 2010

One possible issue with gfs_grow:  Make sure all cluster nodes see the
increased block device size before you grow the filesystem.  This should
be automatic if you use CLVM, but other types of devices (iSCSI) may
require intervention.  We've used gfs_grow successfully, but do not run
any GFS2 filesystems.

Just a guess, but it sounds like gfs2_grow failed, left the filesystem
in an inconsistent state, and fsck.gfs2 was able to repair it.