[Linux-cluster] Starter Cluster / GFS

Jankowski, Chris Chris.Jankowski at hp.com
Thu Nov 11 10:30:43 UTC 2010

Gordan,

I did not ask for bonding.  This should work.  I asked for multiple independent links - different networking interfaces configured for different IP subnets mapping to different VLANS.

STP is, these days, run on a per VLAN basis. Having multiple links in different VLANs protects against important classes of network failures.  Bonded interface does not do it. This must be integrated in the clustering software.

Regards,

Chris Jankowski