[Linux-cluster] 2 SAN sites: clvm mirroring or md?

Pieter Baele pieter.baele at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 07:25:43 UTC 2010

Hi,

In my company we have 2 SAN sites (low latency)
This is not supported by default by RH Cluster, but can be validated.

How should we replicate the data?

Someone from another company mentioned using md but then we need to
use scripting..
(only Pacemaker has support for md)
With the inclusion of clvm mirroring in RH5.3, is this the preferred solution?
I could not get a clear answer from RH (support)...

FYI
* DRBD is no option because we would like to use the SAN infrastructure.
* Veritas offers 2 solutions: VVR (replication) or an agent for the SAN

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Pieter Baele
www.pieterb.be