[Linux-cluster] RH Cluster / Pacemaker / Veritas Cluster Server & SF

Radu Rendec radu.rendec at mindbit.ro
Fri Nov 19 10:41:30 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-19 at 08:17 +0100, Pieter Baele wrote:
> If anyone has some recommandations or tips, especially for RH Cluster,
> please share them.

I've been using RH cluster for quite a while. It's been working great
for me (but I don't have a very sophisticated setup though).

Before deciding to use RH cluster, I also looked at other open source
solutions. I decided to go with RH cluster because, in my opinion, it
combines simple configuration concepts with powerful HA features.

> What's the future direction of RH: Will pacemaker become default or
> will it only be include in RH 6 as an alternative?

I have no idea what will be the default (by the way, RH6 is already out)
but my guess is that they will go with their own solution (RH cluster)
instead of moving on to a "third party" one.

However, I can tell you for sure that RH6 comes with RH cluster 3.x.x.
My attempts to migrate the setup I have on RH5 (based on RH cluster
2.x.x) to version 3.x.x have lamentably failed.

It's also true that I ran the tests on Fedora 14 (because Centos 6 is
not out yet) but on the other hand it's RH cluster that didn't work
properly, not the distribution.

Best regards,

Radu Rendec