[Linux-cluster] RH Cluster / Pacemaker / Veritas Cluster Server & SF

Radu Rendec radu.rendec at mindbit.ro
Fri Nov 19 11:46:20 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-19 at 12:04 +0100, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
> On 11/19/2010 11:41 AM, Radu Rendec wrote:
> > However, I can tell you for sure that RH6 comes with RH cluster 3.x.x.
> > My attempts to migrate the setup I have on RH5 (based on RH cluster
> > 2.x.x) to version 3.x.x have lamentably failed.
>

> > It's also true that I ran the tests on Fedora 14 (because Centos 6 is
> > not out yet) but on the other hand it's RH cluster that didn't work
> > properly, not the distribution.
>
> did you file any bugzillas?

I didn't file any. First I tried posting to this list hoping that
someone would shout "hey, you messed up your setup! you were not
supposed to do this and that" etc etc. But I actually haven't got any
reply at all.

> as upstream, I don´t really care if it´s based on Fedora or Centos.
>
> what problems did you hit?

The problem is described in more detail in an older post that I made a
few days ago:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-cluster/2010-November/msg00076.html

Basically I've got a "braindead" rgmanager after a few hours of cluster
uptime. I've been keeping the machines running like that since the
failure, hoping that someone would ask me to look at various things
while the processes are still in this state.

There's another problem also related to rgmanager that I didn't describe
in the other post. At a certain point, I added a new resource to the
config file and updated the cluster config. However, the rgmanager on
the very node that I used for updating failed to "see" the new resource,
while the other node "saw" it immediately and started id. Cman reported
the same config version (the new one) on both nodes.

Looking at your email address (the domain part actually), I'm kindly
asking you for any suggestions on where and how to report these issues
properly :)

I would really like to help debugging this because I consider RH cluster
to be great software.

Best regards,

Radu Rendec