[Linux-cluster] Private Network for all cluster comms?

Colin Simpson Colin.Simpson at iongeo.com
Sat Nov 20 10:41:04 UTC 2010

> > Would this upset things with regards using keeping things the right way
> > around in cluster.conf with regards "clusternode name" and "altname"?
>
> My only real concern is that your SN could get too noisy. Personally,
> I'd advice making it ring 0 and leaving your names alone. That said,
> either *should* work.

So how do you force cluster comms to a private network in cluster.conf if the the hostnames are still the main network names?

I suppose also as I've never seen any reference to ring numbers in cluster.conf itself.

Thanks

Colin

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the original recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the original.